EU Gateway │Business Avenues is an initiative funded by the EU under the Partnership Instrument helping European companies to establish long-lasting business collaborations in Asia through matchmaking and business services.
From 2008 to 2014 over 22,000 individual business meetings have been organised in Korea and Japan, and following a successful pilot to Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia, the new programme offers coaching, logistical and financial support for European companies targeting Korea, South East Asia, and soon China.
EU Gateway | Business Avenues will organise up to 44 business missions in the next 5 years. Selected European companies will get the opportunity to participate in a one-week business mission focused on a specific sector.
Business missions are entry tickets to markets difficult to penetrate due to business culture or regulatory constraints. Through a dedicated team in Europe as well as in local markets, EU Gateway | Business Avenues offers a unique set of services to:
- sound out business opportunities in promising markets
- minimise the costs typically required to enter a new market
- make new contacts and strengthen the company network
- discuss challenges and opportunities with industry players
- benefit from professional coaching and follow-up at all stages
Two third of previous participating European companies reported positive business collaboration results after one year. Today, EU Gateway | Business Avenues sets the clock to zero and previous participants are welcome again together with new European companies.
- EU Gateway to Korea: Green Energy Technologies, Seoul | 4-8 July 2016
- EU Business Avenues in South East Asia: Environment & Water Technologies, Singapore & Vietnam | 11-15 July 2016
- Data di pubblicazione
- 10 febbraio 2016
- Servizio degli strumenti di politica estera