- Publication date
- Opening date
- Deadline date
- Service for Foreign Policy Instruments
1. Publication reference
3. Programme title
Stimulating green growth and strengthening EU presence in South East Asian markets.
Partnership Instrument 2014 Annual Action Programme (ref. C/2014/7423 of 16.10.2014)
5. Contracting Authority
European Union represented by the European Commission.
6. Nature of contract
7. Contract description
A Recruitment and Coaching Network, responsible for recruitment of EU companies; pre-selection; coaching of EU companies during the entire business mission period and preparation as well as creating links with South East Asian business leads.
An Operational and Logistics Unit, responsible for the coordination and logistics of activities in Singapore and in target South East Asian countries, as well as promotion to potential business visitors in South East Asia.
8. Number and titles of lots
Number of lots : 2
01 Recruitment and Coaching Network for South East Asia
02 Operational and Logistics Unit for South East Asia
9. Maximum budget
EUR 21 million
Lots Max budget:
01 EUR 10 million
02 EUR 11 million
10. Scope for additional services
The Contracting Authority may, at its own discretion, extend the project in duration and/or scope subject to the availability of funding up to a maximum not exceeding the length and value of the initial contract. Any extension of the contract would be subject to satisfactory performance by the Contractor.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Participation is open to all natural persons who are nationals of and legal persons [participating either individually or in a grouping (consortium) of tenderers] which are effectively established in a Member State of the European Union or in a eligible country or territory as defined under the Regulation (EU) N°236/2014 establishing common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union's instruments for external action (CIR) for the applicable Instrument under which the contract is financed (see also heading 22 below) . Participation is also open to international organisations. All supplies under this contract must originate in one or more of these countries. However, they may originate from any country when the amount of the supplies to be purchased is below100,000 euros per purchase.
All eligible natural and legal persons (as per item 11 above) or groupings of such persons (consortia) may apply.
A consortium may be a permanent, legally-established grouping or a grouping which has been constituted informally for a specific tender procedure. All members of a consortium (ie, the leader and all other members) are jointly and severally liable to the Contracting Authority.
The participation of an ineligible natural or legal person (as per item 11) will result in the automatic exclusion of that person. In particular, if that ineligible person belongs to a consortium, the whole consortium will be excluded.
13. Number of applications
No more than one application can be submitted by a natural or legal person whatever the form of participation (as an individual legal entity or as leader or member of a consortium submitting an application). In the event that a natural or legal person submits more than one application, all applications in which that person has participated will be excluded.
The candidates may submit an application for one lot only, or both lots, but only one application per lot. Contracts will be awarded lot by lot and each lot will form a separate contract.
14. Shortlist alliances prohibited
Any tenders received from tenderers comprising firms other than those mentioned in the short-listed application forms will be excluded from this restricted tender procedure unless prior approval from the Contracting Authority has been obtained (see Practical Guide – PRAG- 2.4.3.). Short-listed candidates may not form alliances or subcontract to each other for the contract in question.
15. Grounds for exclusion
As part of the application form, candidates must submit a signed declaration, included in the standard application form, to the effect that they are not in any of the exclusion situations listed in Section 2.3.3 of the PRAG
Subcontracting is allowed
17. Number of candidates to be short-listed
4 to 8 candidates for each lot.
If the number of eligible candidates meeting the selection criteria is less than the minimum of 4, the Contracting Authority may invite the candidates who satisfy the criteria to submit a tender.
18. Provisional date of invitation to tender
19. Provisional commencement date of the contract
20. Initial period of implementation of tasks
SELECTION AND AWARD CRITERIA
21. Selection criteria
Same criteria for legal and natural person
The following selection criteria will be applied to candidates. In the case of applications submitted by a consortium, these selection criteria will be applied to the consortium as a whole:
1) Economic and financial capacity of candidate (based on item 3 of the application form). In case of candidate being a public body, equivalent information should be provided.
- The average annual turnover of the candidate in the last 3 years (2012, 2013 and 2014) must exceed the indicative annual budget of the Lot, indicated in point 8 (i.e. the maximum budget stated divided by the contract duration in years, indicated in point 20).
2)Professional capacity of candidate(based on items 4 and 5 of the application form)
- For lot 1, at least 30 staff currently working for the candidate in fields related to this contract, of which minimum 10 must be permanently employed.
- For lot 2, at least 20 staff currently working for the candidate in fields related to this contract, of which minimum 5 must be permanently employed.
3) Technical capacity of candidate (based on items 5 and 6 of the application form)
- For lot 1, the candidate has provided in the course of the past 3 years (starting from 01.01.2012 up to the deadline for receipt of applications) at least 2 projects (the candidate's proportion being more than € 3 million for his services in each project) in the following fields:
- International business cooperation;
- External trade promotion;
Altogether, the references projects must cover both of the 2 fields identified above.
- For lot 2, the candidate has provided in the course of the past 3 years (starting from 01.01.2012 up to the deadline for receipt of applications) at least 2 projects (the candidate's proportion being more than € 2.5 million for his services in each project) in the following fields:
- Event management;
- Organisation of exhibitions/trade fairs;
- Export promotion;
- Media strategy; Media and press contacts; Professional communication and design;
Altogether, the references projects must cover all the fields identified above.
Previous experience which caused breach of contract and termination by a Contracting Authority shall not be used as reference.
An economic operator may, where appropriate and for a particular contract, rely on the capacities of other entities, regardless of the legal nature of the links which it has with them. It must in that case prove to the Contracting Authority that it will have at its disposal the resources necessary for performance of the contract, for example by producing an undertaking on the part of those entities to place those resources at its disposal. Such entities, for instance the parent company of the economic operator, must respect the same rules of eligibility and notably that of nationality, as the economic operator.
If more than the maximum number of eligible candidates as fixed in item 17 meets the above selection criteria, the relative strengths and weaknesses of the applications of these candidates must be reexamined to identify the eight best candidates. The only factors which will be taken into consideration during this re-examination are:
- The total number of reference projects found eligible under 21.3; and in case of equality on this criterion, then
- The value of the eligible part eligible part (the proportion carried out by the candidate) of the projects found eligible under 21.3
22. Award criteria
Best value for money.
23. Deadline for receipt of applications
12.00 hrs Central European Time on 27.3.2015.
Any application received by the Contracting Authority after this deadline will not be considered.
24. Application format and details to be provided
Applications must be submitted using the standard application form , the format and instructions of which must be strictly observed. The application form is available from the following Internet address: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/prag/annexes.do?group=B
Any additional documentation (brochure, letter, etc) sent with an application will not be taken into consideration.
25. How applications may be submitted
Applications must be submitted in English exclusively to the Contracting Authority in a sealed envelope:
- EITHER by recorded delivery (official postal service) to :
Service for Foreign Policy Instruments (FPI4)
200, rue de la Loi
1049 Brussels, Belgium
- OR hand delivered (including courier services) directly to the Contracting Authority in return for a signed and dated receipt to:
Service for Foreign Policy Instruments (FPI4)
for the attention of Genoveva RUIZ CALAVERA
Avenue du Bourget 1
1140 Brussels (Evere), Belgium
The Contract title and the Publication reference (see item 1 above) must be clearly marked on the envelope containing the application and must always be mentioned in all subsequent correspondence with the Contracting Authority.
Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
26. Alteration or withdrawal of applications
Candidates may alter or withdraw their applications by written notification prior to the deadline for submission of applications. No application may be altered after this deadline.
Any such notification of alteration or withdrawal shall be prepared and submitted in accordance with Item 25. The outer envelope (and the relevant inner envelope if used) must be marked 'Alteration' or 'Withdrawal' as appropriate.
27. Operational language
All written communications for this tender procedure and contract must be in English.
28. Date of publication of prior information notice
29. Legal basis
Regulation (EU) No 234/2014 establishing a Partnership Instrument for cooperation with third countries.
Regulation(EU) N°236/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 2014 laying down common rules and procedures for the implementation of the Union's instruments for financing external action.
30. Additional information
Questions may be send by email, indicating clearly the reference of the Call to the following address: FPI-4-GRANTS-TENDERS@ec.europa.eu